Updates for iPad iWork Apps
Just a quick heads up that Apple has released updates for all three of its iWork productivity apps for the iPad. There are a ton of updates under each app, but some highlights that I noticed right off the bat:
- Numbers can now export directly to Microsoft’s XLS format.
- Keynote can now export directly to Microsoft’s PPT format.
- You can now copy documents between all three apps and your MobileMe iDisk and WebDAV accounts.
- Lots of improved formatting functions in Pages including more reliable font matching when importing Word documents.
- The ability import and export existing footnotes, endnotes, sections and tables of contents in Pages.
- The ability to group and ungroup objects in all three apps.
- New build animations in Keynote.
- The ability to add animated builds to grouped objects in Keynote.
- Improved handling of tables.
Definitely looks like Apple was listening to customers on a lot of these requests. Many were surprised that the initial releases didn’t include things like the ability to export spreadsheets to Excel, but now we have it.
- Apple Updates GarageBand for iPad and NOW… iPhone!!!
- Line 6 to Release Hardware and Software for iOS
- IK Multimedia Announces iRig MIDI at Summer NAMM
- Apple Updates iWork Suite for iOS
- iPad Readers Rejoice!
- IK Multimedia Releases VocaLive App
- Apple Releases GarageBand for iPad
- Apple Announces GarageBand for iPad!
- iPad 2 Ships March 11th
- IK Multimedia’s iKlip