iPad 2 Ships March 11th
Steve Jobs made a surprise appearance at Apple’s event today to announce the iPad 2.
A few quick specs on the new version of the iPad:
- A dual core A5 processor chip, which should mean the new iPad is twice as fast as the current model
- Graphics performance is reportedly 9 times as fast as the original
- The new device will feature both front and rear facing cameras
- It has a gyroscope like the iPhone 4 to improve things like augmented reality functions
- iPad 2 is 33% thinner than the original iPad, measuring in at 8.8 mm
- Despite the new hardware additions and the thinner body, battery life is said to be the same as current iPads
- It will be available in two different colors – black and white
- 3G models will be available to work with both AT&T and Verizon
- HDMI mirrored output up to 1080p
The best part is that pricing on the iPad 2 will remain the same as the original prices. 16 GB Wi-Fi models start at $499 and the range of models goes up to the 64 GB Wi-Fi+3G version that sells for $829.
The iPad 2 will be available on March 11th, supposedly in both white and black from day one. Anybody want to buy an original iPad?
- Apple Updates GarageBand for iPad and NOW… iPhone!!!
- Line 6 to Release Hardware and Software for iOS
- IK Multimedia Announces iRig MIDI at Summer NAMM
- Apple Updates iWork Suite for iOS
- iPad Readers Rejoice!
- IK Multimedia Releases VocaLive App
- Apple Releases GarageBand for iPad
- Apple Announces GarageBand for iPad!
- IK Multimedia’s iKlip
- OnSong Free Until February 4th